Service Manager: Kenilworth at Perring Park Apartments
Location: Parkville, MD
Area of Interest: Maintenance
Position Type: Full Time
Area of Interest:
Position: Service Manager for Perring Park apartments – Parkville, MD
As a Service Manager at Perring Park, you will lead a team of 4 Technicians, 1 Porter Supervisor and 5 Porters in maintaining the physical integrity of a multimillion dollar community with 567 apartment-homes.
Most Important Responsibilities
• Demonstrate steady leadership to guide a skilled team of Technicians as they make timely high-quality repairs and perform preventive maintenance.
• Work closely with a very experienced Service Coordinator to schedule and track the make-ready board, service vendors, maintenance budget and pre-move out inspections.
• Share your knowledge with the team, prioritize and delegate their tasks, make sure they follow CRC protocol and motivate them to go above and beyond the call of duty.
• Oversee and inspect your team’s work, while sometimes performing tasks yourself.
• Help your team anticipate problems that residents might have before they even occur.
Most Important Qualifications
• 3-5 years of recent hands-on experience as a Service Manager in the multifamily industry, preferably on a garden-style property.
• Experience overseeing capital improvement projects.
• Solid record of HVAC skills (gas-fired forced air systems, 410A), plumbing (exterior water main breaks, commercial hot water tanks), appliance repairs (newer washers/dryers with electronic boards), carpentry and electrical.
• Detailed record-keeping and reporting skills.
• Coaching skills to develop your team members.
• Resourceful problem solver.
•Emergency on-call rotation every 5th week, snow removal, basic tools, vehicle/truck and valid driver’s license.
How To Apply
Please complete the brief form below and attach your resume.