Service Manager: Cross Country Manor Apartments
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Area of Interest: Maintenance
Position Type: Full Time
Owings Mills, MD
Area of Interest:
As a Service Manager at Cross Country, you will lead a team of 2 Technicians in maintaining the physical integrity of a multimillion dollar community with 288 apartment-homes. *Porter staff is contracted out.
Rated as one of Baltimore’s Best Places to work in 2017, for the fifth consecutive year, we are continually committed to the development of our employees and integrity of our organization.
Most Important Responsibilities
- Demonstrate steady leadership in guiding the Technicians as they make timely high-quality repairs, perform preventive maintenance and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Work closely with a very experienced Senior Property Manager to communicate the mechanical/technical aspects of the community and make good decisions.
- Share your knowledge with the team and continue developing the Technician’s skill set to completion and company standards.
- Prioritize and delegate their tasks, make sure they follow CRC protocol and motivate them to go above and beyond the call of duty. Approximately 45 turns per year.
- Oversee and inspect your team’s work, while sometimes performing tasks yourself.
- Help your team anticipate problems that residents might have before they even occur.
Most Important Qualifications
- 2-4 years of recent hands-on experience in a management capacity for the multifamily industry, preferably on a garden-style property. MUST BE A GO-GETTER.
- This community has heat pumps, so that experience is required.
- Solid record of HVAC skills (CFC, heat pumps & gas-fired forced air systems on the sister community nearby), plumbing (snaking drains), drywall (patch plaster walls), carpentry (hang some cabinets) and electrical (trace broken wires).
- Must be willing to pull call every 5th week for Cross Country and our Brookview community.
- Coaching skills to develop your team members.
- Ability to assess and address problems quickly, organization skills and strong follow up with Vendors.
- Please fill out the form below.